"In Praise of Slowness": on challenging the cult to velocity
These days, almost everyone complains about the hectic pace of their lives. We live in a world where speed rules and everyone is under pressure to go faster.
But when speed is king, anyone or anything that gets in our way, that slows us down, becomes an enemy. Thanks to speed, we are living in the age of rage. Groups of people are developing a recipe for living better in a fast-paced, modern environment by striving for a new balance between fast and slow.
DON’T HURRY, BE HAPPY.
He examines how we can continue to live productive lives by embracing the tenets of the slow movement. A challenging take on the cult of speed as well as a corrective look at how we can approach our lives with new understanding, In Praise of Slow uncovers a movement whose time has come. Critic Reviews: "Life is getting faster, no doubt about it.
We rush everything: we eat fast food, have quickie sex, drive like maniacs, and compete hard for fast-paced jobs. We wish to slow down and slack off, but we're afraid we'll fail. The big secret is that slower people succeed, and slow often works better than fast. In all these areas, people are making organized efforts toward slower, stress-free methods, and he provides some concrete examples Italy's Slow Food and Slow City movements, a Tantric sex workshop in London, Japan's new approach to schooling This book presents ideas and resources that will be new to most readers and is recommended for both public and academic libraries.
The author explores, in convincing and skillful prose, a quiet revolution known as 'the slow movement', which is attempting to integrate the advances of the information age into a lifestyle that is marked by an 'inner slowness' that gives more depth to relationships with others and with oneself.
In Praise of Slow: How a Worldwide Movement is Challenging the Cult of Speed - plunacnemaglo.ml
Sign up to our newsletter today! Click here for more details Telegraph bookshop. There has never been a better time to embrace the healing power of living slow.
Add to Basket. In Praise of Slow. The Slow Fix.
- See a Problem?.
- Q&A with Carl;
- The Sinking of the Bounty: The True Story of a Tragic Shipwreck and its Aftermath (Kindle Single).
- In Praise of Slowness: How a Worldwide Movement Is Challenging the Cult of Speed by Carl Honoré.
- In Praise of Slow : How a Worldwide Movement Is Challenging the Cult of Speed | plunacnemaglo.ml.
- Hells Aberration?
Shop Home Books eBooks. Join our email club
- The Succubus: Sins of the Flesh!
- In Praise of Slowness - Carl Honore - Paperback.
- Malkowski, Bd. 08: Die Stunde Null (Krimi-Serie 9) (German Edition).
- Shop now and earn 2 points per $1.
- In Praise of Slow: How a Worldwide Movement is Challenging the Cult of Speed.
- IN PRAISE OF SLOWNESS: How a Worldwide Movement Is Challenging the Cult of Speed.